Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PeopleSoft AP Checks - Displaying PCL Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

direwolf

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
US
I have custom fonts installed on our HP printer - they are not 'soft' fonts, they are on a module, plugged in to one of the printer slots. One is a MICR font, and the other is a signature font for printing checks. I have successfully printed these fonts from a DOS Edit file. However, when I enter these PCL commands in a formula editor in Crystal, the associated fonts do not print. Instead, the PCL codes simply print in clear text.

It seems like the issue has to do with sending these codes (containing binary escape charachters) to the printer in the correct format. I tried using the Chr(27) Crystal function to concat the escape sequence with the remainder of the PCL code, but this did not work. It seems like the PCL command must be sent in binary mode. Has anyone done this before? Does this need to be defined in an OLE object?

Thanks

Ben

I experienced the same problem.

I'm not sure about your printer setup, but mine had some extra commands besides the normal PCL ones (like to enter a password, etc.) One of the commands is an escape code translation. I used this command to change the escape code to '@@'. So then I could start my PCL commands with @@(0U... or whatever instead of trying to use Chr(27).

Also, I found that I could only enter PCL commands (on MY printer, anyway) in a non-scalable (non-TrueType) font, preferably size 10.

I hope this helps!
Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back