Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pending error on GW domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a Groupwise 6.5 SP2 system running on our Netware 6 servers. I am using ConsoleOne 1.3.5 to administer both.

The problem I am having is this: in the left had pane where you have your NDS and GroupWise system tree view, if I highlight my GroupWise domain, right click and choose 'connection' then go to tools click 'groupwise system operations'...click pending operations and
has many pending operations such as a new user that I just created. I created the new user from NDS/Console One., go to the container. This thing did not happen until we upgraded the GW from 5.5 to 6.5 SP2. How do I get rid of this errors?

Any advise would be appreciated.

A.R Waworuntu

A

I would first try "Undoing" the pending operation(s), then I would perform a synchronization on the Domain that owns the objects that were in the pending operation list. And finally I would perform either an add, modify, or move, whatever one you select, to see if it completes or stays pending.

Just out of curiosity, you said "I highlight my GroupWise domain, right click and choose 'connection'". Do you have more than one GW Domain in your system?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

I 2nd the vote to delete the pending operations. It seems that your domains are not syncing properly.
IMHO job 1 is to make sure that all the agents are up & communicating. Connect to each domain in turn, check on your links (should all be direct TCP/IP) and make sure the ports all match. What I mean is each domain has a "point of view". Domain 1 has an MTA, domain 2 has an MTA and a GWIA. Make sure that domain 1 and 2 agree on these basics and that they agree on the IP's and ports of the agents inside each of them. So domain 1's view of Domain 2's GWIA jives with Domain 2's view of its own GWIA, etc. Connect to all domains and check all points of view. Correct where needed.
In a healthy system, you would want to connect to the primary domain and let it sync the changes out. If pending jobs are not getting done, you almost certainly have a sync problem. You need to find it and fix it.
If the communication settings are fine, then it is likely that most of your domains are fine and one is out of sorts. This will come out when you look at the various domains and what they think exists in your Groupwise system. The bad one will be the one that does not agree with the others. You can do a rebuild of the bad one. Take down the MTA's, connect to the master (assuming the master is good!) and do a rebuild of the problem domain. This could sort out the problem as well. A top down rebuild is another good general option for getting things back into a healthy state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back