Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pencil Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,
I have a small question. When usuing the pencil or paint brush tool, how would you be able to fill in only a section of a closed image which was drawn. Say you were to draw a figure 8 and close the image. How can you only fill in the one loop. Also, if I were to draw a u it would automatically fill in across the u. I know there is something I need to turn off but I don't remember where it is. Your aid is much appreciated.

Thanks
Jenypher

to not fill the u that you drew....select none for fill and make the outline(stroke) the color you like.........in the tool bar on the bottom, under the magnifying glass.......... to not fill a figure eight in one of the zones..........open the pathfinder and select the middle option (ELCLUDE)....it's in the top row(combine).......this will allow you to use the hollow pointer arrow to select one of the filled pieces of the figure 8...........make sense?

good luck

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back