Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pen tool problems in Corel...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmclaug5

Technical User
Dec 9, 2006
US
Hi all,

I have been looking to buy either Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. The problem that I am having right now is with Corel Draw's Pen tool. In Adobe Illustrator I can get an extra handle(seprate the handle into two halves so that the two halves can operate indepently(this is done by holding down the alt key and dragging a new handle half off the point) to come off the point if i want the curve to change directions. I try to do this in Corel Draw and I end up with a mess. I have, also referenced Corel Draw pen tool tutorials and have come up empty. I have tried all the different keys. Is this even a option in Corel Draw? I like Corel Draw except for this, and this could be the deciding factor as this is such an important tool. If anyone could tell me or point me in the right direction to making the Corel Draw pen tool just as flexible as the Illustrator Pen tool, especially (or) in this reguard, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Ron

If not, what would be the typical work around for this?

Thank you, Ron

Pressing c after you've drawn a shape will turn a node into a cusp which is what I think you are after or click on desired icon on the toolbar.
Alan D

One other thought, depending on how you are using the pen tool - the Bezier or Polyline tool might be a better option for you. I am not sure if you are drawing freehand shapes or plotting nodes over a tracing, or what - but I find these tools more efficient for tracing and plotting nodes.

I am inclined to agree with attrofy, I think the pen tool was to make Illustrator users feel more at home but I also prefere the bezier tool.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back