Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peer to Peer Networking w/ router - Comments Recommendations ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deke99

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
I recently had a discussion with a former Unix user who had fine tuned his network and developed industry specific applications. He was really into the entire system.
NOW A YEAR LATER
He has dropped the Unix altogether and is using windows98 and a peer-to-peer system with a cisco router. He is in love with this set-upand has two "servers, one to catalogue all of the parts lists, and one to hold all the accounting, billing, data etc.Basically PC's dedicated to those tasks.
I have been reading lately about the comeback of Peer-to-Peer networks but nothing in detail until now.

Has anyone had a similar experience who would be willing to answer a few questions as to why and how the PTP network is set up and what problems they have run into. fax, remote, DSL, etc. The Dekeman

Hi,

I use a peer to peer network with a Broadband Router. It works well for me. The router is a switch so it allows same transfer speed for computers all using the internet at once.

Setting it up is very easy to do.

Disadvantages I have. Can't have a personal webserver to host my website b/c of the Network.

Hope this helps! NATE
spyderix.gif

design@spyderix-designz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back