Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

peer to peer network setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junrodriguez

Technical User
Apr 11, 2000
US
can anyone tell me how to setup peer to peer networking in windows 95/98?  thanks.

A brief overview:<br><br>Parts you need - network cards, connection device (hub), cables, software drivers<br><br>Steps - <br>install network cards<br><br>If Widows does not autodetect the cards go to the &quot;Network&quot; control panel and add the Microsoft client for Microsoft networks, the adapter (might have to use &quot;Have Disk&quot; option for network card driver load) and add the Microsoft NetBEUI protocol.&nbsp;&nbsp;Click on the &quot;File and Print Sharing&quot; button and check which options you want there.<br><br>You will have to fill in the fields in the Identification tab, giving a unique name to each computer, but the same workgroup.<br><br>Reboot<br><br>a login window will come up upon reboot.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make someting up for both id and password<br><br>Right click on a drive or folder in the My computer window and enable sharing<br><br>login on another computer and try to access the first from Network Neighborhood.<br><br>If you cannot see the first computer try the &quot;Find Computer . . .&quot; from the start menu<br><br>This is a general overview, but I think in the right order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back