Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peer to Peer Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjpearson

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
I've been researching and the more research I do, the more confused I get.

I have computer running in Workgroup mode. Someone has installed foreign server to allow me to run an application. I'm lazy and don't want to use a mapping. I want to build a command to use in the command line but I can't seem to make it work. The more I research, the more confused I get.

The command line has lots of switches and I need to authenticate to the server when I run the foreign application.

I've been trying to do something like this:

\\server\folder\application -a -b /USER:Administrator /PASSWORD:123456

What is the proper syntax?

mike

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but see if there is anything of use in these?

There is a "Manage Passwords" section obtained via typing Control Userpasswords2 in the Start Run box. In the resulting window you will get to it via the Advanced tab.

See if there is anything mentioned in "Manage Passwords"?

Another thing you can look at is this -

306992 - HOW TO: Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer in a Domain in Windows XP

306541 - HOW TO: Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP

automatic runas with password

Thanks. I think the RUNAS is what I've been looking for.
Been doing even more research and looks like this syntax might work.

RUNAS /USER:remotecomputer\Administrator "\\remotecomputer\program.exe -a -b -c".

Going to give it a try later this week.

Sure been a lot of changes in commands and command line options since DOS 3.x. Probably time to do some study on all the new stuff.

Thanks again,

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back