Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEAP with MS-CHAP v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsdemo

Technical User
Sep 6, 2003
NL
Good morning tech's

My question today is about wireless security.
I have installed a test domain and a test access point.
Testdomain: test.com dc and certificate server. global group named ggwirelesscomputers and ggwirelessusers. testuser: wirelessuser member of ggwirelessusers computer member of wirelesscomputers. Made a policy on the ias server and granted the user access based on the groupmemberships. Did a autoenrole for the sertivicate and when member trys to access the wirless accesspoint the accesspoint gets to the radius (ias) server and looks if the computer has a sertvicate. All works fine so far.
problem: user from other office (domain) comes working at my office computer is no member of the domain and has no access to this access point but needs access to my local network resourses. How can i connect this computer? I cant enrole a sertivicate and even if i install it manualy it has no computer account in ad that i can make member of the ggwirelesscomputers group.

Hope someone can help me out here.

best regards lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back