Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree v8 will not update to 8.0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepop77

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2003
US
Windows XP, Peachtree 8 installs fine. Unfortunately the company file was done with updated v8.0.02. The online updater will not intstall the update saying ".....Peachtree update will only update software from Peachtree". Running the update that I got from thier wesite gives an error saying "Setup cannot detect any Peachtree software....". I've done a standard install. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and uninstalled about 50 times using different directories and various other custom install options.

Any ideas?

You know, I was getting this same error today. I've been able to successfully install Peachtree 8.0 and the 8.0.02 upgrade. There is a report writer upgrade that is giving me the error. You might want to make sure you have the right upgrade that you're trying to install. (the actual binary upgrade, not the report writer upgrade.) Personally, I'm starting to give up on Peachtree 8 in XP.

Hello People!
I had the same problem with PT on windows 2000 series....after looooooooooooooong nights and days I talked to PT support and the answer was PT 8.0 or update to any 8.x.x will NOT work if your machine is on SP higher than SP2.....isn't that nice :x< ~!@#~!@#!@#*(&
so the options are:
-live in hope your server/workstation can run on SP2 and you won't get exploited by erros fixed by SP2->SP3
- get another version ( I don't know if any works) such as 10.0 and hope it can handle the windows update

Run the update LOCALLY on both server side and workstation and then edit the PW80.ini file(at this moment not sure of exact name of PW8xxx.ini file but you will find it easy) on your station to point where the files are on the server!

Make sure that:
-some clown is not using PeachT while you are doing this
-BACUP BACKUP BACKUP your company info before starting!!!
good luck with it all
------
also let me add I did download some Registry cash issue related patch from their site and applyed it but it had no visible effect. If you cant find it here it is:
open notepad and paste the following code...save it as &quot;NTWBC&quot;
-----START-------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
&quot;UseWriteBehind&quot;=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
&quot;UtilizeNTCaching&quot;=dword:00000000
------END-----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back