Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree on Mac OSX Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow38x

Technical User
May 28, 2001
US
We are currently running Peachtree 6 on a very old NT Server. We have a network version of Peachtree 7, and we also have a single-user copy of Peachtree 2003.

I'm concerned that the NT Server may not last too much longer, and was interested in finding out if our OSX server could run Peachtree. I installed the 7.0 version, and it ran fine. When installing the single-user 2003 version, though, I get messages stating that I need to try back when only one user is logged on, even though I'm the only user.

Peachtree told me that I shouldn't have any problem running a single-user 2003 version with files residing on a server, but it just wouldn't work. I then installed it on the NT Server, and it ran fine. I think there is an issue with the OSX server supporting file locking, but I don't understand it very well. The Peachtree people alluded to deleting any .lck files and ending the task for a w32mkde.exe file if running, both of which I did to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back