Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

flimpo1234

Programmer
Mar 30, 2003
US
Does anyone know how Peachtree stores its forms? I am looking to create custom forms from outside of Peachtree, or even read the forms and convert them to other formats. Any advice is much appreciated!

Regards,
Flinn

The are stored in the datapath. The extension is always "FRM". The file name is 8 characters and generally starts with the type of form it is, i.e., inv for invoice, followed by 5 digits beginning with 00000.

For example if you created a new invoice form for the first time in Peachtree and saved it, it would be named inv00000.frm. If my datapath in my peachtree initialization file was DATAPATH=F:\PEACHW, then the inv00000.frm would be in the PEACHW directory on the F Drive.

Thanks for the response, but I understand all of that. Maybe I should have been more clear. I am actually looking to open the files and edit or export them. I hexed a few and found out that they are stored in some OLE format. But what I am looking for is any info that anyone has on the format itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back