Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree Default Backup Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwivelingLeaf

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2004
US
I am in the process of updating our office to Windows XP and I have run into a problem with Peachtree Classic 13.02
I want my accounting department to be able to run a daily back up to the D: drive (CDRW). This was previously done to a zip disk on F: drive. My system does not automatically recognize that there is a D-drive to back up to. Currently it recognizes A: and F: (which no longer exsists). Please advise.

Peachtree Classic 13.02
workstation: Win XP sp1
Server: Win 2000 Server

hm?
if u installed the CDRW Drive correctly it will appear as any other CD drive.
Right Click "My Comp" --> Manage... --> Storage
and look under drives and removablae storage
This is all from Server's Perspetice....if your users are accessing your company and u want THEM to run a backup then THEY must have access to your Server's CDRW...which means that you have to "share the CD".
In served anvironment I would not suggest this method since CDRW drives are not really meant for multi-user...it wil work given that your users never start to backup (brun CD) at the same time.I would rather designate a shared folder to where users can run backups and then simply have server do a scheduled "burining" of that folder.
In general..backups should always be done from Server Side and initiated by "server" not the user..
hth
All the best!

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

ok,ok...I did shoot the deputy but he told me he was the sheriff!
:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back