Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree Complete 9..switch from single desktop to network

Status
Not open for further replies.

stripper

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
US
Have been running Peachtree Complete 2002 ver. 9 on a single desktop. We are interested in networking it to one additional computer with Windows XP network. The network is currentlly operating WITHOUT Peachtree. When we purchased the single user software from Peachtree, they said it was different then a retail package and that it would allow networking with the purchase of a multi user package.
I called today and they want $500 for the multi user package, period.

My question is, can I purchase a retail Peachtree, same version, and install it on the network using, I assume, enclosed serial and registration numbers?

Thanks, Stripper...

Yes and No.

You have the version of PTC 2002 which comes as a single user and has an optional multi user add on pack (This is the standard version I believe). Peachtree wants you to pay for each user using the software. You can buy another single user copy of PTC 2002 for the second computer then point the data director to the same files...however I think this will result in a sharing violation. So the only way to have two users on at the same time is through the multi-user add on pack.

If only one person will be using the data files at a time you could probably run it on two computers over the network. Just communicate with each other as to who is using the software.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back