Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree backup from 2000 to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjanes

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2011
US
Will the backups copy from 2000 version 7 to and new install of 2010.

I am a little unclear what version of Peachtree you have. I understand you have Peachtree 2010. I'm uncertain what you mean by version 7 from 2000.

Peachtree releaseed, Peachtree Accounting for Windows, Release 7 (PAW7 or PCW7)which was about the time of the year 2000. If this is the case, the backup from Release 7 will not convert to Peachtree 2010. You will need the assistance of a certified consultant to convert PAW7 to PAW8 and up to the version that will convert to Peachtree 2010.

My company is a certified consultant for Peachtree and we can convert Peachtree databases from PAW4 and higher to the current release of Peachtree.

Please email me if you need more information: raines5023@msn.com

Actually restore the backup in Peachtree 2000. Then load the Peachtree 2010 and see if it converts. If not I have the editions you need and can get it converted for a small fee.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back