Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree and Window Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTBILL

Programmer
May 1, 2000
US
Anyone have any experience with Vista?

Bill Couture

There is a major problem with Vista Business and Peachtree Complete 2006. The software will not run. It indicates that there is a need to upgrade due to terminal services. There is no way that I can find so far to disable this in Vista and I have yet to open my accounting program.

I am getting the same thing with 2007 premium accounting.
i am running vista ultimate
the only thing that i cant change on vista is setting my computer to not be a part of a network( if you go into control panel, system and then click advanced system settings, computer name , network id)It seems like the computer will not switch to home computer. If you go to peachtree it says it will work and its driving me nuts. I was on the phone with them for a long time trying to get it but no help.

least im not the only one,Im sur they will have an update soon but meanwile my invoices are past due:)

I just wanted to post a follow up on the workaround that I came up with. I installed Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 program (free in beta form from the MS website) and now I am running my XP OS as a "guest" under the Vista OS. I have installed my Peachtree (and several other incompatible programs) in the virtual environment and after a little bit of frustration in getting the network settings correct to enable use of my printers (there is sadly no USB support in virtual pc yet), I am at least back to work without completely removing the Visa and starting all over again with a clean copy of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back