Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree and MS Access db

Status
Not open for further replies.

montrose

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
US
Has anyone used "PawCom" from Multiware, Inc. to 'link' Peachtree with an MS Access database? Looking for any results you had, problems, suggestions, etc. Thanks, Montrose Learn what you can and share what you know.

I understand that is a fine product, however you do not need it to create link tables to your data in MS Access.

Use the pervasive ODBC driver and create a DSN in Control Panel, then go to MS Access and create link tables to your peachtree data. I do this all the time to browse the raw data, which makes it easier for me to write crystal reports.

If you are still looking for more info on Pawcom, try peachtreeuser.com in the crystal reports section. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

dgillz, Thanks for your input. Besides browsing the data, we'd like to be able to link tbls so that info that is gathered and stored in Access is input into Peachtree (and vice versa) as well. For examples, detailed info for invoices is initially entered in Access forms. The basic info (not all the Access fields) presently is re-keyed into Peachtree since at this time we have no way for the two to be 'talking' to each other. Would the method you described in your response work for this as well? Thanks again, Montrose Learn what you can and share what you know.

Montrose,

Yes it will work for that purpose. I have done some very similar things for Macola software, which is also btreive based.

I believe the ODBC drivers for 6.15 btrieve, which peachtree uses, are available on Pervasives website.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

For the life of me, I can't seem to find the ODBC drivers you are refferring to. I'm on a similar project, I have Crystal for Peachtree, but need to create that DSN. Is there a way I can get just the ODBC driver without having to purchase Pervasives entire product?

For the life of me, I can't seem to find the ODBC drivers you are refferring to. I'm on a similar project, I have Crystal for Peachtree, but need to create that DSN. Is there a way I can get just the ODBC driver without having to purchase Pervasives entire product?

If you cannot find them on the Pervasive website, I don't know how you would get them. Are they not on the Peachtree CDs either? Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

dgillz,

Where can I find instructions on how to setup ODBC DSN for those data file (*.dat) in PeachTree?

Thanks in advance.

Start, control panel, ODBC data sources, Create, seelect teh driver and browse to the data directory containing file.ddf Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

dgillz,

Thanks for the help. When I use the Pervasive ODBC driver, it asked me for the username/password in order to connect the *.ddf file. The people who uses PeachTree doesn't require username/password.

Also, in one installation of PeachTree, I couldn't find *.ddf file. Can I access *.dat file directly?

mlx

I too need to link our Peachtree and Access databases. I'm making our website more professional, and all of our product, inventory, and customer data is in peachtree, and I want to use access to see how peachtree stores the data in it's tables.

I also can't find the correct drivers and peachtree support is being less than helpfull. They see this as an attack on their product or some crap like that.

I found a place to get the btrieve 6.14 ODBC drivers. That was easy.

Now how do I link MS Access tables with Peachtree tables once I have ODBC all set up? Why doesn't MS Access just put out a patch to let us open Peachtree data directly? That would be just peachy... Sorry, couldn't resist that horrible joke.

webmastertsg@tds.net

I downloaded the 6.15 ODBC from Goldstarsoftware.com and have problem linking to a peachtree *.ddf file on windows XP.
On windows 2000 i had no problem reading the file, however I was unable to write to it. I keep getting 'ODBC--update on a linked table failed Access to the requested file is denied. Any suggestions or solutions?
thanks

Yikes, I am about to try the same thing on an XP machine. Somebody help this guy so I know the solution when I get there ;)

I too have had a problem with the request for login information when I try to set up the DSN... what's up with that?

dgillz or anyone else who's set up Pervasive ODBC.

I'm interested in using Peachtree information from MS Access as well. (Using Peachtree Complete release 8.0 and MS Access 2000).

Currenlty I only have Microsoft's ODBC. What version/level of Pervasive do I need to get the Pervasive ODBC (v6.15) that you mentioned? Is it simply the workstation's software or do I need to purchase something else? Or does Pervasive have a ODBC drivers for free download?

Once the Pervasive ODBC is installed, what are the steps in creating a DSN? Is it as easy as finding the data directory and locating the DDF files (or is there just one file to be concerned with?)

This connection between Pervasive ODBC and Peachtree would make a great FAQ article.

-Doug

Doug.
Good point, it seems this topic is a hot one, a FAQ on PT/ODBC/Pervasive would be a great idea!!!
Dave

OK, ODBC - check. Linked tables - Check, now all I have to do is append MS Access invoice info to Peachtree and......

Uh-oh.

When I look at the jrnlrow table, I can isolate invoices based on transaction type. No problem. My issue is that I can't seem to figure out how Peachtree relates invoices to customers. The CustomerRecordNumber field has no relavence to anything in the customer data, in fact it is '0' all through the journal.

I suspect that it is in the jrnlHdr table, that one does not import/link correctly. Comes up garbage.

This is the last piece of the puzzle I need, and now I am under a deadline. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back