Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree 8 and Win XP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
Any suggestions on a irritating problem with Peachtree ver. 8 and Win XP.Upon printing an invoice or two, I get an error message that says "The instruction at ######### referenced memory at 0x00000008. The memory could not be written" then I click okay and I get ""The instruction at ######### referenced memory at 0x00000014. The memory could not be read" I get booted out of Peachtree and then can't restart until I shut the computer completely down. Apparently the file "W32MKDE.exe" isn't completely unloading upon the crash.

Help!

A lot of software that is as old as Peachtree 8 runs into problems on XP. I have looked at a couple of solution attemps. All seem to have minor problems. I've gone to just saying upgrade to the latest version.

That may sound expensive but I suspect that in Peachtree's case it will by a lot cheaper in the long run. 2003 has a number of nice new features over 8 anywhy.

Bill Couture
http:\\

take a successful installation from a win98 or win2000 machine and copy the entire directory over to the Peachtree path on the XP machine. Be sure to change the shortcut so that it points to the "new" .exe file for Peachtree. You should be able to run it without error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back