Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree 2005 check printing under Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgraham1946

Vendor
Oct 7, 2005
US
What impact printer will work with Peachtree 2005 under Windows 2000 Professional? My client has an Epson LQ570+ and can no longer print checks (just upgraded him from 98SE) because the Win2K driver does not allow "Custom Form Size" and Epson's website offers ZERO Win2000 drivers!!!

Anyone know a workaround or where to get a driver that offers 'custom paper setup'? Driverguide.com had only one LQ driver for Win2K, and it's for an LQ2170...

He's willing to replace the Epson with an OKI320, etc., but wants to make SURE the printer he buys allows him to set check paper to 8½" X 7".

Iff he gets an OKI320, does Peachtree prefer Microline emulation or IBM?

Phil Graham

You have to set up a custom print size, but it is done much differently then in 98. I think I posted something on my website SBTBILL.COM about it a while back. Will see if it is still there and get back to you.

Anyhow this is a Windows issue and not a printer issue.

Bill Couture
http:\\

Looked at my stuff. This is actually for XP but it is probably similar.

Step 1) Open Printers and faxes and choose server properties from the files menu.

Step 2) Check create a new form

Step 3) enter the new paper size. Reset.

You can now use it when calling print sizes.

Hope this works as well in 2000 as it does in XP.

Bill Couture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back