Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE4350 PERC2 and PV200s

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
ok so i have a powerdge 4350 with a perc2 card connected to a powervault 200s.........we have it set one so it uses only one eem on the pv200 , about 6 months ago we started getting these errors stating the temp probe 0 was dropping below the minimum threshold which is like 0deg cel which is impossible! that was causing the system to crash.....so we tried replacing the powersupplies that didnt work so we replaced the whole pv200 that didnt work finally i noticed the the jumpers were setup for cluster mode so i removed thos jumpers and it hasnt happened again yet! but today all three drived went into a failed state. i forced all three online the the controller config menu (ctrl M) booted the system to the os which is on internal disks. two of the disk went amber again once the os came up so i force the one i think is good online through array manager and removed the one i think is bad rebooted the system. post says the logical drive is degraded....when the system comes up to the os i can access all the data on the raid so i saved that.......now the new drive that i put in should start to rebuild right when the system comes up right?.......well i cant open array manager or openmanager to make sure it is rebuilding........the leds on the drive are blinking amber and the the green one next to the amber one blinks for about every two blinks of amber...... now my question is what could be causing this and what can i do to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back