Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE2950 server 2003 r2 sp1 installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pe2950

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2008
Hello, i'm installing the named os and in the final steps of the instalation the activity bar of the 2003 server hangs and later on the lcd display e1410 CPU 1 IERR.

I have only one proc, and the server is brand new. I use the instalation cd that came with the server for the os instalation.

I have 3 scsi drives but i have order the server with no raid, it cames with PERC6i i think, so in the step of selecting raid y choose "later" thinking that my server dont have raid.

I talk to dell support and the said to me that the dvd drive is defective and causing the hang and later error in lcd panel. the are sending a new one asap. I personally just dont beleive the dvd thing.

Anyone have an idea of what is happening

thanks

Well I'd just go with Dell's advice for now, it does sound odd that error would be DVD drive related but for a tech to say that I'm guessing the code is in their knowledgebase and points to a DVD issue.

If a new DVD drive fails to resolve it then they'll try something else - that's the benefit of having support :p

In terms of setup what you're doing sounds fine, even with a RAID system I usually skip RAID config as it's done at the factory so no need to change it unless I want a different config.

I had a similar problem with that server booting a windows 2003 box. The solution strangely enough was to unplug both power supplies for about 30 seconds and plug them back in.

the tech come to see the server and was the cable that conect de dvd to the mother, he replaced it and the server start normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back