Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE2400 - How to Erase all of POST drivers/firmware for ESM/Perc 2/si

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings23

MIS
Sep 5, 2002
US
I'm wanting to do a FRESH install where all BIOS, ESM Firmware/Drivers, and Perc 2/si Drivers/Firmware are back to their lowest versions so I can update after I have an OS installed. Currently the BIOS is A09 and both ESM and Perc 2/si drivers/firmware are updated with the latest/greatest. I've used the configuration utility to Initialize containters and create new, which erases all drive information.I've also formatted all 5 SCSI drives inside the utility but the POST still shows all the latest drivers/firmware. Is there a way to blow all of this away and start from scratch?

Thanks
Brian

Firmware is stored in an EEPROM, not on a disk or as part of a RAID container. There is no "starting from scratch" other than obtaining an earlier version from the vendor and reflashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back