Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE 2300 Boots to RAID Configuration Every Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolacoaches

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
My PE 2300 has a boot disk on a separate SCSI controller and has 5 disks on the PERC II controller. It had been booting to Win NT Server OK but now it boots into the RAID configuration utility. The POST looks normal, no errors, the boot disk is found as Disk 0, the RAID Bios finds 1 logical drive, Firmware initializes, then it says Booting to MS DOS and the RAID config opens. The parameters all are correct, the logical drive is found, consistency check is OK. Any suggestions?

Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Stuck keyboard key? - specifically, the one that accesses the raid config utility.

Good thought, but swapping out the keyboard does not help.

Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Well, I'm going to have to withdraw this question and take my stupid lumps. I went to boot from an NTFS boot floppy to see if that would help and found a RAID config floppy in the drive. Someone around here has a sick sense of humor, that floppy wasn't there when I shut the system down because I had been rebooting it frequently testing various backup options. I forgot such a floppy even existed.

It's usually overlooking the obvious that defeats us.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back