Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDW PROBLEM WITH SETUP FILE CREATED - CAN'T FIND DLLSelfRegisterEx 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiccup

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
US
My setup is VB6/Access2K. When I run the Package & Deployment Wizard on my vbp file, I'm leaving all the extra file catagories pre-checked in their default state that the Wizard displays. Maybe that's where I'm making my mistake???

What happens is that the PDW creates my Package folder in the folder containing my vbp file and everything appears to be fine, but when I run the new Setup file that's in the Package folder to install my application on my PC I get the following message box and the Setup bombs:

"The file 'C:\DOCUME-1\ehicks\LOCALS-1\Temp\msftqws.pdw\$DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it was not found.

Anyone got any ideas what I might have done wrong using the PDW? I have a gut feeling that I've either left something that was pre-checked that souldn't have been or I've not added a file or files that I should have; and I can't find this "DLLSelfRegisterEx" thing anywhere on my PC.

Thanks in advance!

Have you got a Calendar control in your project? There is a (fairly) well known issue with Calendar control. The MS fix is here:

I try to avoid using a Calendar Control and use a MonthView or DateTimePicker instead.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Thanks johnwm and todd666. As a matter of fact I do have the Calendar Control on several of my Forms. John, can you give some examples of how you use the MonthView and DateTimePicker; and does that display a calendar where the user can select the month and day?

todd666 - do you know if the VB6 Calendar Control package & Dpeloy OK with INNO SETUP. I haven't used INNO.

Thanks to both of you and here's a Star!

The MonthView control is the standard VB vontrol to pick dates - it looks just like a Calendar control (and works almost exactly the same). It's part of MSCOMCT2.OCX

for steam enthusiasts

Thanks, johnwm, I'll check out the MonthView control. Here's another star for the tip!

Don't change your project, either use visual studio installer or change the line in the setup.lst to say dllselfregister rather than dllselfregisterex

VBrit,
Check out my first reference

for steam enthusiasts

Hi,

For answer to this:
todd666 - do you know if the VB6 Calendar Control package & Dpeloy OK with INNO SETUP. I haven't used INNO.

I don't know because I never use this control.
But probably it will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back