Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDW and scrrun.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts2032

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
I am using Visual Basic 6.0 SP5. I created a small app that stores all of your powerpoint files in an access database and allows you to load a playlist and show the presentations from the list. The first version worked fine so I updated it, allowing the user to specify folders which the program would scan and load all of the PowerPoint shows within that folder and it's subfolders. I did this using FSO (Scripting.FileSystemObject). The project works nicely on my computer but when I install it using the PDW onto another computer, get an error "409 Unable to create ActiveX component." I have read that there were problems with PDW, but that they were fixed by sp3. I also download the WSH5.5 and installed directly onto the machine. While packaging the project with PDW I got an error about dependency files either not found or out of date the first time. After that I did not receive any errors when I tried to re-package the project.

I get the same error when I try to use the WSO (Windows Script Object)

any help would be appreciated,

tsmith

The error 'Unable to create ActiveX component' usually means that you are missing a .ddl or .ocx file that the app needs. It could be that the PDW did not automatically include a file. Check to see that all required files are part of the setup package. You will probably have to add a file manually. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

I verified that the files are on the install machine. When I try to registry the .dll or .ocx with regsvr32 I get an error. I tried to use windows installer 1.0 and came up with the same results.

tsmith

Verify that the required files are in the location or folder that your app is looking for them in. Maybe the file exists but the app can't find it. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back