Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDW and DLL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerardMcL

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
IE
Hi,

At the weekend I'll be implementing my VB application to a Server and number of clients. Hoping to just install Active X controls on the client computers. I have had trouble before with setting up PDW's.

I was hoping to get a heads up this time, and learn what DLL's I have to include to enable the clients to view DataReports and execute a DTS Package.

Before I could only view DataReports on the server, and when executing the DTS on clients I got an error saying ActiveX component couldnt create object.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Run the PDW and when it asks you to select the Package Type select "Dependency File," which will create a text file that lists all of the dlls/ocxs that are needed to run your app. Then, download INNO Setup (freeware, located at [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php[/url]),
as it is MUCH better than the PDW. You can find tons of sample scripts on the site above or via Google. I've been using it awhile and it works great.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back