Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDT6800 window size 1440 vs 2880

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2002
US
We have hundreds of Symbol PDT6846 barcode guns and find that they can assign
either a window of 1440 or 2880 at boot-up time.

1440 causes significant slowdowns, 2880 is much better.
How can this be assigned to have a window of 2880 consistantly.

Thanks

GrotonGroup :)

Let me start by admitting that I do not know the Symbol PDT6846.

And when I have looked over the User Manual I find no reference to the terms - 'Window', '1440', or '2880'.
Therefore when you say: a window of 1440 or 2880 at boot-up time. I have no idea what you are talking about.

window size 1440 vs 2880
If it is nothing more than a character Font size thereby changing how much information can be seen in the device's display, that should not significantly affect 'slowdowns'.

Even though that particular device seems to be a Discontinued Model, have you tried contacting your Vendor?
Most barcode product vendors offer pretty good in-house support for the devices they sell.

Also, with a bit of Google searching you can find companies which 'fix' those devices.
They might be another source of information on what programming is needed to make the desired change.
One that I found of note might be:
Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back