Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDT session only when using putty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry6868

Programmer
Jul 13, 2017
US
Good day gentlemen have any of you ran into the issue of PDT login when using RLOGIN via putty and seeing SL1input not defined.... I can't exit out of PDT (using: sl1input) and get back to the CS login screen. When I try to login I'm always taken to PDT prompt and can't exit out. When I login I see '/pty/ptty08.S is not defined in SL1 database'

I have found this old report that should explain the problem

Fault
Error: /pty/ppty01.S is not defined in SL1 Database. PDT in Progress. Please Wait....done!

Answer
Error: /pty/ppty01.S is not defined in SL1 Database. PDT in Progress. Please Wait....done!
Error: /pty/ppty02.S is not defined in SL1 Database. PDT in Progress. Please Wait....done!
Error: /pty/pptyXX.S is not defined in SL1 Database. PDT in Progress. Please Wait....done!
Unable to access Virtual Terminal Services from the Web
Unable to access Virtual System Terminal
Unable to access PBX via Virtual System Terminal

Configure 3 PTYs on the PBX. Virtual System Terminal requires 2 PTYs to be configured for web connectivity. Additional connectivity (for example, Overlay Passthru, Station Admin transmit/receive) will require an additional PTY.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks Firebird for the response but, when I'm in PDT and I do devs I see the PTYs 16 of them are these not part of the 3 configured PTY on the PBX? I also notice that when I login via putty it always grabs... 19 /pty/ptty08.S

19 /pty/ptty00.S
20 /pty/ptty00.M
19 /pty/ptty01.S
20 /pty/ptty01.M
19 /pty/ptty02.S
20 /pty/ptty02.M
19 /pty/ptty03.S
20 /pty/ptty03.M
19 /pty/ptty04.S
20 /pty/ptty04.M
19 /pty/ptty05.S
20 /pty/ptty05.M
19 /pty/ptty06.S
20 /pty/ptty06.M
19 /pty/ptty07.S
20 /pty/ptty07.M
19 /pty/ptty08.S
20 /pty/ptty08.M
19 /pty/ptty09.S
20 /pty/ptty09.M
19 /pty/ptty0a.S
20 /pty/ptty0a.M
19 /pty/ptty0b.S
20 /pty/ptty0b.M
19 /pty/ptty0c.S

My guess is that all the PTY ports are locked. I've known this happen on the Option 11c systems where someone had access the Meridian Mail via the PTY port. They couldn't exit mail.

The only answer I knew of was to do a warm start by using the command "trp" in "pdt".

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you Firebird I will give that a try.....

Firebird an INI. did the trick thanks so much for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back