Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDOXUSRS.NET 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigatech

Programmer
Jul 12, 2000
CR
I'm a Delphi 5 user. I'm using Paradox Database. When I run my application in two computers I don't have any problem, but when I run the application simultaneously in a third computer an error message appears:

"Directory is controlled by other .NET file :
file: \\server\c\myapp\data\pdoxurs.lck"

I added the following line in my code:

Session.PrivateDir:='C:\temp'

but the error continues.Thanks.

The 'PrivateDir' contains the generated .lck file. I think you also need to point the 'NetDir' (set to path on network for all connections such that 'net' file can be accessed by all users).
Hope this points you in the right direction - I think there's some pointers in the On-Line Help files.
Steve

GigaTech,

Adding to StevenK's reply, NetDir is a property of the Session object. To set the Net directory from Delphi, using something like this before you open any tBDEDatasets:

Session.NetDir := strNetDirLocation;

Please note that all BDE clients must use the same .NET directory and each client must have separate, unique private directory locations.

Typically, I use a general, public directory for the .NET file and the user's local %TEMP% directory for the private directory.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back