Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDOXUSRS.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

captjohn85

Programmer
Oct 14, 2014
CA
I have a program, originally written in Delphi 5, which I'm trying to run in XE2. Everything runs fine until I try to open the 'Questions' tab when I get a window with 'Network initialization failed. Permission denied. File C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Directory C:\.'
The 'Questions' are in a Paradox database.

Seems to be a User Access Control issue. Paradox is expecting to have that file located at the root directory of the C drive. You'll want to change the location of where that file should be found to a location your application has write access to, and if this database will be accessed by several users, then this file should be located on a network drive, all users have access to.

Check here and here on how to do so...

Also, you'll want to move on from paradox and the BDE altogether. BDE has been deprecated long ago. There are several options available to replace paradox and the BDE, some are even free.

Thank you. Paradox seemed like an excellent DB but obviously it's now time to change. I see that OpenOffice includes a database, used by some friends, so I'll see if I can find a way to introduce it to the question and answer part of my program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back