Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDOXUSRS.NET auto generated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucieLastic

Programmer
May 9, 2001
GB
hi All

My system connects to a SQL Server 7 database. As this system is running on a Terminal server, I create a unique directory for each user when they log in so no BDE clashes occur.

I use the Session.PrivateDir := UserDir; This is creating a PDOXUSRS.NET file in the root and .LCK files in the users directory. How can I stop the BDE doing this ? as it stops the app cleaning up the dir when the user exits. I don't want to use Paradox at all.

My alias uses MSSQL and I've tried a 2nd alias using a straight ODBC driver but still get the files appearing. What am I doing wrong?

My colleague is taking over my app (I'm leaving the co.) and I've put the source on his machine. His own app uses Paradox so I can't remove any drivers.

Hope someone can help as leaving co. tomorrow so have to fix it today/tomorrow.

big ta
lou

p.s. started to get this problem when I got my new pc a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have the 'NetDir' set appropriately through the BDE Administrator - if the problem has occurred on this new PC it may be one thing that has been overlooked.
The .net file should then be set in the network path as required.
Steve

hi Steve

My problem is, is I don't want anything Paradox related being created. Why do I need this .NET file and the .LCK files when running it on Sql Server ?

Is it something I will have to live with because the BDE creates them and one can't do anything about it?

Would just like to know if I can stop the creation of these files if I'm not using Paradox ?

many thanks
lou

Hi,

If you use mssql via an ODBC-driver, You also use the BDE and standard it will create an .net file and .lck files. One way to stop this of happening is using native sql components who directly talk to the sql-server. You can find them on different places on the internet.

steph

hi Steph

Thanks for the reply. I have an interesting thing: When I run the app on my pc (with local SQLServer) I get the .LCK files when the app is run on the Terminal server, I don't get the .LCK files (I've searched for them). I get the .NET file in both cases but not the LCK. I find this confusing.

Anyway, the app is now running okay, assigned the NetDir at runtime to get round them problem(thanks, Steve).

Now I'm just wondering why I get the LCK files on one and not on the other - is it because it's a server ?

lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back