Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDOX 9 ON WINDOWS XP PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

subroman

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
US
Has anyone had any issues with paradox version 9 on windows XP Pro? We are looking at upgrading to XP. Currently running on 2000 with no problems.

Thanks

That is our current set-up and we had some issues at first. All of them centered around XP permissions. Remember to give all users full and complete rights to all directories Paradox uses and you will have a good start. Install all service packs, too. Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

subroman,

I can confirm Mac's experience; I've had no troubles using Paradox 9 under XP.

I would add one caveat, though: Be sure you install the program when you're logged in as Administrator.

Other than that, it's fine.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

One other note based on our system. You may experience different behavior on different workstations, depending on how XP was installed. Workstations where XP was installed over ME or 98 experienced few (or no) problems, while fresh XP installs were picky and required a lot of permissions tweaking. Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back