Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDfing in InDesign & checking in Flightcheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelmage

Programmer
Dec 30, 2003
US
I've exported a file from Indesign 2.0 as a PDF and designated it as Acrobat 5.0 compatible, made sure all photos are hi-res, etc. I ran the file through Flightcheck and the odd thing is that it alerts me that the image DPI is 72 although it says the Res is set as 300.

Although the file looks fine, I'm suspicious that my image is being turned into a low-res one and that I'm going to get a call from the printer. The image itself is about 50mg and the PDF only comes out to be about 4mg. Something seems fishy. I can't detect anything wrong in my settings.

Does anyone know what may be going on? Has this happened to you?

I am new to using flightcheck and have had this happen. My beef with Adobe is that there are no clear actions to take to resolve a failed check. A list of corrective actions to take when x,y or z happens would have been a nice addition to the creative suite. I'll stay tuned hoping for an answer too. Do you embed the pics in the document before exporting as a PDF?

In regards to this same issue, does anyone know how to set up a watched folder and what the benefits of doing so are? My deadlines would require distilling upwards of 50 or more files that I would need within 12 hours of doing so. Am I better off creating the PDF diretly from Indesign and running a flight check on each file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back