Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pdf wont print to Samsung ML 4050N

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
When I create a pdf in CS3 InDesign, my Samsung ML 4050N printer says that the MPF tray is empty and won't print.

However, if I press the Stop button, the red warning light goes out and the pdf prints.

Anyone know why this happens? I am running CS3 on a Win 8.1 laptop. Everything else behaves perfectly.

Daniel

Explore your options to isolate the problem.

[ul]
[li]Have you tried printing to virtual PDF printer and exporting?[/li]
[li]Have you tried printing directly from InDesign and printing from Adobe Reader/Acrobat?[/li]
[li]Have you tried outlining all fonts in a copy of the InDesign file and then producing PDF?[/li]
[/ul]

Jim,

I have been able to print by pressing the Stop button on the top of my printer. I guess my question is, why does the printer always try to print from the MPF tray when it is not installed?

These particular docs were just scans saved as a TIFF then dropped into InDesign to be printed. I am using the standard File> Export method to create the pdf. I thought maybe there was a setting in Advanced on my printer that was making the default MPF tray the place to grab paper instead of my standard tray. I only have one tray in this printer. Isn't the MPF one of those trays you can insert on the side to run specialty paper through?

I will try the other methods also and let you know what happens.

Does the manual for this printer conflict with the behavior you are experiencing?

It seems to be operating as designed.

Make sure "manual feed" is not selected as "source" in your print settings.

That is one thing I did not check.

Thanks,

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back