Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF page thumbnails are B&W-Can I make them color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickscript

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
US
I have a multi-page document (actually a scan of the individual pages of a magazine). Some of the pages were scanned directly to PDF, using the OCR function of my scanning software, and some were scanned as .jpg or .bmp and then "converted" to PDF in a second step-using Acrobat 7 Pro. The reason I did this was that pages that consist of text only (or mostly text with some photos) seem to become more text-searchable this way. Anyway, these pages always show up in black and white in the page thumbnail screen, while the others show up in full color. Both types of scans, however, are being done in full 24-bit color and when you look at the split screen, the larger image on the right is color and the thumbnail of the same page on the left is B&W. Does anyone know of a way to get these thumnails to all render in color? Is jmgalvin out there? You seem to know a lot about this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back