Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdf open not download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netwrkengeer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2001
US
I have a mac with Ie 5.5 every time I click on a pdf it opens automatically, I would like it to automatically save instead, how do I change this.

For me...Win2K MSIE6. I can open Acrobat...then go to Edit -> Preferences -> Options. In there, there is a spot that says "Web Browser Options". Under there, there is a check box that says "Display PDF in browser", if I uncheck that, then it asks me to open or save it.

I do not know anything about Macs though, so I cannot say if this'll work or not...can't hurt to try though.

HTH

Mike

I don't use Mac's but this might work too....

1. Put the mouse cursor over the the file that you would like to download.

2. Click and hold down the mouse button. A floating menu will appear. Select "Download link" or "Save As" from the floating menu. The standard Mac dialog box will appear.

3. Select your download location.

Hope that helps.
Dogviticus

thank you, but there is an option for a pdf to automatically save, that is what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back