Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdf of required paper size from tif files of different size

Status
Not open for further replies.

domxp

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
PL
Hi again!

I would like to provide you with description of how do I manage to overcome one little problem. Please tell me whether I do it well or should I rather consider something else.

I have some scanned images (.tif), not all of them are of the same size. Though with some problems (view my previous thread) I create a pdf file out of them. Every page of that file has got a different size (actually different height). What I want to obtain is a pdf file of which every page will be of letter format. What I do is I "reprocess" that pdf by printing it using distiller, with required paper size in settings. That results in what I want.

However isn't it a bit weird? I mean to make a pdf out of another pdf? My doubt comes from the fact that what I would naturally expect would be an explicit feature of that kind in Adobe Acrobat itself rather than using some tricks.

Am I correct with the way I do it (and with my point of view of Adobe software)?

I will appreciate any repsonse!

If I remember correctly you are on win98se which means you have access to the Wang/Kodak imaging controls. What you could do if you wanted is to run through the images and make them all the same resolution and size with these controls.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back