Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF Merge Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsntyd

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
US
Hi,
I'm having difficulty merging pdf's that I export from CR XI. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. When I open one of the files I've exported, then try to insert another file (both have been exported from CR XI), I get the error message "these documents contain subset fonts that have the same name and cannot be merged". I found what I thought to be my answer in thread149-849109, but the URL listed there is no longer available on adobe.com. Synapsevampire referenced the URL. Are you listening out there? Thanks.

I don't know what the problem is but I'm aware of at least one 3rd-party tool (see list at: that can merge any number of PDF exports from Crystal XI without any problems.

This means that the problem is probably with the tool/approach you are using rather than with the Crystal XI exports (though it is true that Crystal's pdf exports have issues that require extra programming when doing post-export processing of the pdf files.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back