Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF has printed previously saved version??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommojay

Technical User
Dec 7, 2010
GB
Hi im really confused, i recently sent out an advert to be printed in a local magazine that i designed in illustrator. I sent it over as a pdf PDF/X-1a:2001 preset like i usually do without any problems. Any way when i saw the printed ad it was a completely different version of the ad. After looking at it i can see that its reverted back to a previously saved version of the ad somehow when its been printed. ive never heard of this happening before, any ideas?

Is there any chance that this is a recurring ad, and you've been saving it with the same filename? If so, it might be that you emailed over the current version, and when the printer started to download it, his system showed that he already had it from the previous email, so he clicked cancel.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back