Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdf from quark through Distiller 5.0; not embedding fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

backspin

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
I've been making pdf files for printers for awhile & suddenly started getting calls that the fonts were not embedded. But I've been telling it to embed all fonts! It isn't working. One printer told me she'd run into this problem a lot, but didn't know a solution.

This is worthless to me if I can't send a file w/ the fonts embedded. Anybody come across this problem/and have a solution?

I'm on a Mac G4, by the way.

Dear Backspin,

While Exporting the Document as PDF click on the <Options> button on the lower right corner of &quot;Export as PDF window&quot;. Activate the Job Options Tab and select the &quot;Embed all fonts&quot; option. Click OK and save your document as PDF.

Hope this help.

Regards,
TechLeo

~&quot; Outline your Ideas ! &quot;~

Dear Backspin,

There is one more workaround for you. Make a PS file of your document. Activate your Distiller application.

Select the &quot;Settings&quot; option of the main menu. Opt for <Security>.

In the Security window, either set passwords for the documents or Select <DO NOT ALLOW CHANGING THE DOCUMENT> option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TechLeo

~&quot; Outline your Ideas &quot;~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back