Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF Form Merging Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENDIGIT

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
US
Adobe 7.0.5
I'm trying to create several pdf form documents that will be used to create a single pdf file. Each of the documents has a few fields that I can retrieve from a remote connection.
I would like to be able to allow the user the ability to
create a new document by inserting new pages from the template documents. Yet when I try this I find that the insert pages command is dimmed. In the create new pdf from multiple files, I get that the file is protected and cannot be used for this command.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Ken Burleigh

It sounds like the author of one or more of your original source PDFs has turned on Security settings to prevent you from making these kinds of edits.

Check by opening Document Properties (probably on your File menu) and look at the Security tab. You might also look around for a padlock icon somewhere when the document is open. Try clicking on it or hovering over it.

If you find documents that prevent editing, you'll probably have to ask your source for an unlocked version or a password.

You might be able to find non-Adobe products that circumvent the security, but that's your choice and responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back