Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF File export capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

33216CLC

Programmer
Aug 17, 2000
BS
Hi,

Is there a particular file that enables users to export a file created in crystal from within a vb program in .Pdf format? I tried it on several computers but, only those that have crystal reports 8.5 loaded seem to be able to export in this format. When I tried exporting from an end user's pc, the pdf format does not even appear in the list of formats. The only difference I note is that crystal 7's drivers were installed on the end user's pc, while my other computers have the Crystal Reports 8.5 software loaded. Is this it, or is there something else I should be focusing on?

Thanks

For version 8.0 you need to download a special dll that adds pdf export capabilities. AFAIK, Crystal Decisions is providing that download only for Developer edition of 8.0

hth,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

If you read the help files under Seagate Software/Developer/Help/Runtime.hlp you will find this info

If your application will give users the ability to export reports, you must include files from the following list appropriate to the export formats provided:

FILE LOCATION DESCRIPTION
U2FCR.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Crystal Reports format
U2FDIF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL DIF format
U2FHTML.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL HTML formatSee HTML under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FODBC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL ODBC data source
CRXF_PDF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL PDF formatReplaces U2FPDF.DLL from version 8.See Page Ranged Export under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FRDEF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Report Definition format
U2FREC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Record format
CRXF_RTF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Rich Text FormatReplaces U2FRTF.DLL from version 8 and earlier.See Page Ranged Export under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FSEPV.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Comma Separated Values format
U2FTEXT.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Text format
U2FWKS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Lotus 1-2-3 format
U2FWORDW.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Word for Windows format
U2FXML.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL XML format
U2FXLS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Excel formatIf your application will give users the ability to export reports, you must include files from the following list appropriate to the export formats provided:

FILE LOCATION DESCRIPTION
U2FCR.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Crystal Reports format
U2FDIF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL DIF format
U2FHTML.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL HTML formatSee HTML under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FODBC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL ODBC data source
CRXF_PDF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL PDF formatReplaces U2FPDF.DLL from version 8.See Page Ranged Export under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FRDEF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Report Definition format
U2FREC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Record format
CRXF_RTF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Rich Text FormatReplaces U2FRTF.DLL from version 8 and earlier.See Page Ranged Export under Additional Components for additional runtime information.
U2FSEPV.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Comma Separated Values format
U2FTEXT.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Text format
U2FWKS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Lotus 1-2-3 format
U2FWORDW.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Word for Windows format
U2FXML.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL XML format
U2FXLS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Excel format

Thanks for the input Ido. And Tonebone, you just made my day a whole lot easier, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back