Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF exporting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAcolyte

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
Dear All,

I recently reformated my computer, and previously, my PDF export function in PM was working just fine. Now I am receiving this infamous message:

"When you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please go to the Acrobat Distiller printer properties, “Adobe PDF Settings” page and turn OFF the option “Do not send fonts to Distiller”."

1. I have PM 7.0 and Distiller 4.0.
2. I followed Adobe's instructions and downloaded the upgrades for PM 7.0.1 and PM 7.0.1a and then deployed them.
3. I then restarted my computer and attempted to export again; same problem resulted.
4. I cannot find anywhere an option to turn OFF the option "Do not send fonts to Distiller" either in PM or in Distiller.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

The Acolyte

Distiller 4 is pretty old, and if you're using WinXP could well be problematic.

However, the "Do not send fonts to Distiller" option is located in the advanced properties of Postscript Printer Driver which can be found via Control Panel -> Printers. It's probably called Adobe PDF, Distiller or similar.

DoNotSend.gif

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Dear John,

Thanks for your input, but again, in the control panel, when looking at the properties for the GenericPostScriptPrinter (installed when re-installing PageMaker + Distiller), that particular option is nowhere to be found.

Also, though Distiller 4 is rather outmoded, nevertheless, I was using it just fine until I decided to reformat my computer, though perhaps I had installed a free upgrade (which now costs money) and simply forgotten.

Any other advice?

Thanks, the Acolyte

Without having access to Distiller4, it's hard to remember.

However, ISTR there is an option in the Generic PS Printer Properties, buried in the Advanced settings, about Truetype fonts - "Use device fonts" or similar. Try that.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

John

Only just noticed the new 'handle'. Great stuff and well deserved.

Thanks Lyn. Yes, I'm over 37Kg lighter. And much much healthier. I just have to keep it that way.

Good luck to the Aussies in the World Cup. I see "our" players - Tim Cahill and Harry Kewell - are doing fine!

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back