Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF export messes up document pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgopala

Programmer
Oct 30, 2008
US
We moved over from using the qrpdffilt to using gnostice components to export pdf documents within quickreports.

The exported pdf documents are messed up, the right side of the pages are cut off, data is not printed in text boxes provided and the boundaries of the bands overlap.

We have Acrobat 8 and have tried several different things. Also the size of the pdf docs has increased from moving to the gnostice export (from 5 mb to 27 mb)

Thanks in advance as always

I use PDFCreator (as a printer) in combination with quickreports and works flawlessly. Direct pdf conversion from quickreports has never worked correctly in my case.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thank you Whosrdaddy. But we never encountered a problem before migrating to the gnostice export.

I bought yesterday a new version of quickreport included Gnostice, and wounder if you could help me starting by posting an example of saving a report as pdf, and maybee how to convert a qrp file to pdf?? Both by using Gnostice!

TIA
Kåre!

Kare,

Here is a snippet of my code.

Drop the gnsotice component on your quick report and create a procedure.

\\Procedure inside quick report

procedure TrpQuickReportName.CreatePDF;
var
{ aPDFFilter : TQRPDFDocumentFilter;}\\export using qrpdffilt
begin
PDFFileName := (assign pdf file name here)

//export using gnostice
PDFEngine.FileName := ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+DocumentName;
PDFExport.RenderDocument(DocumentName,False);

// export using qrpdffilt
{ aPDFFilter := TQRPDFDocumentFilter.Create(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Application.pdf');
ApplicationRpt.ExportToFilter( aPDFFilter );
aPDFFilter.free; }
end;

Call this procedure from another unit.

QuickReportName.CreatePDF;

Hope this helps.

Hello!

Thanks for your answer!

Maybee you could help me with a couple of more question about the Gnostice??

1. How can I add several reports to one pdf file??

2. How to convert a qrp file to pdf??

TIA
Kåre!

I have not tried exporting several reports to one pdf file as we have not needed it so far. We just export one quick report to one pdf at a time. I don't even know if that can be done.

and your second question of converting qrp files to pdf...well that is what the export does it exports your quick report to a pdf.

You could also download the smartqrp which will let you view and save a copy of your qrp to jpg or pdf from the link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back