Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF Distiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbargsley

MIS
Nov 2, 2004
US
Hello all...

This is going to be a very strange question, but I have to ask to try and find a starting point.

Here is my delima -

I have a software application that is used at 200+ different locations. My company has no control over the source code for this application, or my job might be easier. Everyday the user clickc a button in this application that automatically prints 9 different reports that are hardcoded into the application to the default printer. This is a total of about 20 pages a day for all 200+ sites on inkjet printers.

In an effort to save paper and ink, I have been tasked with finding an alternative to printing these reports everyday.

My thinking is what if I had an Adobe Distiller type software that I can send the reports to and save to filenames automatically with the date appended to the filename in a PDF format.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows of an open source PDF distiller type software that I can modify the code on to do what I am looking for.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can accomplish what I am trying to do or can point me in the right direction I would be extremely greatful.

Garry B

If it prints to the default printer... are you talking about sending ALL print jobs to this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back