Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDC keeps going off line

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookawhile

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2005
GB
Hi

I’ve had a persistent problem for some time now. I have 1 windows server 2000, it is the PDC controller and the only other servers are Linux based on our network.

Quite often users are unable to browse the network, I’ve checked the samba conf files and they seem ok. To help me check things out I installed dommon.exe – every time the network cannot be browsed dommom reports back that the PDC is off line. There are no reported errors with DNS in event viewer. What could cause 1) the PDC to become off line to desktop clients 2) network browsing to break?

I'm telling lies, there is now an error log in event viewer under DNS - not sure if it has any thing to do with this problem as the this is the first time the error has been logged and the problem has been around for many many months. the error is something like this:
'the DNS has encountered many run time errors,this is casued by bad or unexpected packets or excessive replication traffic.event id 9999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back