Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDA database link

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFestoe

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
GB
We have PDA/phone that we fill jobs sheets in at customers premises and then send them back to or main PC using a GPRS connection, this works well and updates a access db, but what we want to be able to do is log on to our db and using a combo box of all our customers select one and that then sends all that customer information to the PDA.

I know its possible but i dont know where to start, i have thought about logging on to a website to retreve this info or even using Microsoft Exchange mobile, but somebody on here must have done it or worked on these lines before, so any pointers that could get me started.

Thanks

How about setting up a VPN connection via GPRS and then enter some info into your PDA application which then retrieves the info from your database?

I use a VPN connection for my ipaq phone/pda to use Terminal Services to support our servers remotely.

Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back