Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCWorld likes Counter-Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ffat

Programmer
Oct 23, 1998
US
In a recent article, PCWorld ran anti-spyware programs throught their paces and liked Counter-Spy (
Brian Livingston opinioned that MS Antispyware and Counter-Spy found 100% of spyware (

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

I'd be interested to know where MS would have ranked had they allowed it to be ranked with the rest.

However, I still cannot see paying for spyware protection when so many reliable products exist for free.

I'd be interested to know where MS would have ranked had they allowed it to be ranked with the rest.

However, I still cannot see paying for spyware protection when so many reliable products exist for free."

They did mention it worked well for them, but they didn't have time for proper testing for this story. Do any of the free spyware products have active protection for free?

Microsoft has an Active Scanner, as does Spybot S&D. In addition, you can install another scanner, Spyware Blaster to monitor active X connections and prevent downloads via that avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back