Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCMCIA UPGRADES TO SUCCESSION 3.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kspabx

Programmer
Dec 10, 2004
CA
Hi,looking for help, tried to do a upgrade on a customers
site to succession 3.0 with pcmcia onto opt 11c which I have
done before with success,but this time upgrade failed.I tried two different pcmcia cards 1 was a nortel purchase card and the other a sandisk 256 card. Each card was programed using the card progarmmer 9.0 with succession 3.0
the sandisk card would fail right away,while the nortel card
would try to load then come up with a addressing error.The
ssc card is a NTDK20 AB RELEASE 11.I have check with some
resources and they say this card is ok for 3.0 .I have used
the nortel card which I believe is a sandisk card at other jobs and worked ok,but have never been able to use the 256
sandisk card for any upgrade. THANKS KSPABX

We had to upgrade our NTDK20AB SSC cards to NTDK20CA. There is an upgrade kit you can buy from your vendor (part NTDK19AA). It includes the 16M SIMM, which is needed for 3.0. You can verify how much memory by going into LD 35 (or 135 if available) and entering STAT MEM. Your DRAM needs be at least 16M.

The CPU has to be a "CA" or later version & at least a 16 Meg simm card as stated on the last reply.
There are a number of issues with PCMCIA cards. It's not a good idea to format them on a Windows 2000 / XP computer!.
Another issue is the Version & Daughter board card type.
What type is it?. You must use a NTTK13AA or later version.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Thanks phnechic for your info we look at the stat
mem and it is only has a DRAM of 8M. I was informed that this would work for succession 3.0 but with your info
and checking the nortel site for min requirements I will
be looking into the upgrade kit.

Hi

as firebird stated check your daughter board on the ssc
that will cause it to fail if not the correct part.

the daughter board on the ssc is a NTTK25AA which i believe is ok according to nortel checklist.

still looking for help if anyone has had trouble with
PCMCIA cards @ 256MB it seems they don't work for upgrades
these cards are not the industrial grade not sure if this matters, i have a 64MB card same brand that works.

thanks

For release 3.0 your need minimum:

NTDK20CA-GA or NTDK20AB+NT19AA Kit (SSC Card)
16 Mb Memory
NTDK34FAR10 (Boot code)
NTTK25AA

In LD 143 .Upgrade Main Menu .....> Check the boot code for your system. If you have a different boot code, you need first Upgrade the boot code before Upgrade your system.

regards.

javier

What is the current release of software in Opt 11?

When you upgrade an Option 11C to Succession 3 using a PCMCIA card, you MUST upgrade not only the memory to 16 meg but have to upgrade the BOOT ROM also. If you upgrade using the newest blank daughter board, I think it is a NTTK25CA version, You have to use Rls 4 Boot Room code NTDF34FA R11 to upgrade the BOOT ROM.

Hint If you dont use that code R11, and use R10 instead, you will fail the upgrade and WONT be able to go back to the original configuration because of the boot code changes made to R10. Make sure you have everything correct before starting. Voice of experience speaking.

If your familiar with PDT/DEBUG. Try going into debug and perform cttest Ctrl-B at boot up instead of Ctrl-I . First perform a XBK on phone system. This test does through test on Flash Card and wipes out everything on it. When test is done. Try upgrade again. Must install 3.0 with no database. Install database back in after 3.0 installed in LD 143 using XBK done earlier. Use XRT in same load then trasmit database back in using Procomm or Hyperterminal. Important to use XMODEM.

Why not try doing an archive in LD143 intead of XBK. It is much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back