Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCMCIA modem not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntaylor11

Technical User
Aug 9, 2003
GB
Hi guys

I have PCMCIA TDK Global Pro V.90 modem attached to a Compaq Evo N800v running Windows 2000.

For some reason, everytime I try to dial-up to the internet, I get an "Error 777" message. I've checked the cables, and all the settings in device manager. Through the "modem properties" window I can query modem, and the screen responds with a list of characters. Also, the modem seems to be configured to COM 4, but when reinstalling a modem, there are an unusually large number of COM ports available for selection; 1-9 minus ports 2 and 3, but no LPT ports.

Any ideas as to whats wrong?

According to MS:

Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem or other connecting device on the remote computer is out of order.

Their fix is to install a compatible modem driver.

Sometimes getting the generic driver for your modem chipset will solve the problem. Check with TDK and see if they have a more recent driver for Win2k.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back