Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCMCIA cards for 8600 cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtismo

MIS
Dec 4, 2006
US
Getting ready to do upgrades to 5.0 on several 8600s. Release notes suggest using at least 256 Mb flash cards, but these days it may be easier to get 1 Gb PCMCIA flash cards. Anyone with any brand experience or issues with certain sizes? Upgrading both 8691SF and 8692SF cores.

I've already asked our Nortel sales engineer but I haven't gotten a response yet. If I get a response I'll let you know.

I don't believe there are many PCMCIA cards left out there so our choices might be limited.

Cheers!

Called out Nortel engineer; he says he uses CF cards and PCMCIA adapter without problems.

I've been using Lexar PCMCIA to Compact Flash converters and then compact flash cards in various sizes for quite a few years without issues in 8691s and 8692s. 512MB is the biggest I've used to date.

Thanks for the information...

Our Nortel sales team is going to price the Nortel 512Mb PCMCIA card but I'm sure it will be cheaper to look elsewhere.

Cheers!

What I ended up doing was:

1 GB Kingston CF cards
Edge Compact Flash PCMCIA adapters

Works! And much cheaper than finding similar PCMCIA flash cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back